Well here is another reminder that salads don't have to be boring! Or limp. Or soggy. This salad is about as crunchy and zippy as it gets. Lemon juice, vinegar, and jalapeños for brightness, corn and cabbage for crunch, all cooled off by some tomatoes. We have ourselves a winner!
|Isn't cabbage pretty?|
|Expect lot so of lemon recipes this summer...|
Spicy Cabbage and Corn Salad
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded
- Fresh kernels from 1 ear of corn
- handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and sliced thin
- Juice from 1 meyer lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh chopped mint
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all of the above ingredients together.