|By the looks of those bananas, we may have another loaf of banana bread in a few days.|
I should also note that this loaf of banana bread lasted maybe a couple of hours in my house. I don't think anyone was capable of just having one slice. In fact, I think macho M had about 7 slices. He is a beast like that. I should also note that this recipe has been rat approved. Gus Gus and Bianca went crazy licking out the bowl when I was done (gross. yuck).
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease loaf pan.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the bananas, sugar, oil, and egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until moist.
- Gently fold in the walnuts.
- Pour into load pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes to 1 hour (depending on your oven), or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.