Friday, July 27, 2012

Frozen Friday: Roasted Banana with Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream

Hello and the happiest of Fridays to you! I have had an interesting week filled with highs and lows, and I am still trying to make heads or tails of some of it. But at this moment, none of that matters because I am here to share ice cream with you. And I could think of no better way to end my week (unless, of course, I could convince you to come to my house to share delicious vegan ice cream on my balcony overlooking SF... just saying).


My list of ice creams to try for the summer is growing, and I am learning a bunch about ice cream making with every batch I make. For now I am sticking to simple and obvious[ly delicious] flavor combinations... but I look forward to playing with fun flavors and textures. An upcoming flavor that I am particularly excited about is going to be a spicy marg[arita] ice cream. Ya, that is happening.

Now, since I am starting with classic flavor combinations, the only logical next step from chocolate-coconut was banana-peanut butter. Oh, but how about I roast the bananas first and then use freshly ground peanut butter from Berkeley Bowl. Oh, no she didn't! Or in the words of Ridiculous R, "who did that?!"


Seriously though, this ice cream was the bomb.com. And I would even go so far as to say it is good for you. And I am not talking "good for you as far as ice cream goes" (huge pet peeve of mine when people eat low fat ice cream and say things like "look, I am being somewhat healthy!")... I am talking about this is a great afternoon pick me up snack type good for you. The only ingredients are coconut milk, banana, and peanut butter. In fact, I totally plan on having a bowl of this when I get home from work. And it is going to be awesome. So please, go make this ice cream, and then share it with as many friends as possible :-).

Yes that is my reflection in the spoon. And yes I am wearing an argyle sweater with lululemon yoga pants.
Roasted Banana and Peanut Butter Ice Cream

Materials:
  • 1 can coconut milk (full fat)
  • 2 bananas, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter

Methods:

  1. Preheat the oven to 400.
  2. Toss banana slices with olive oil and maple syrup.
  3. Roast banana slices in oven for 30 minutes, stirring once half way through.
  4. Place bananas (and the syrup in the baking dish) with coconut milk in blender and blend thoroughly.
    • Taste at this point in time, if you want it a little sweeter than add a little bit of your sweetener of choice.
  5. Allow mixture to cool in refrigerator.
  6. Place mixture in ice cream maker and churn for 15 minutes.
  7. Add peanut butter to the ice cream maker and churn for additional 5 minutes.
  8. Transfer to freezer and allow to set up in freezer for about an hour.
  9. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis