Considering I threw this together with what produce I had left in my refrigerator, I was pretty impressed with the outcome. The marinating of the broccoli softens it a little bit, but you still have the crunch from the apple and then the moistness of the tomatoes. The vinaigrette is tangy and delicious and brings it all together.
Raw Broccoli Salad
- 1 crown of broccoli
- 1 chunk of a head of cauliflower
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt pepper
- 1/2 apple
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- Using a mandoline, slice up the broccoli and cauliflower.
- Whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard. While still whisking, slowly add in the olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the broccoli and cauliflower in the vinaigrette and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, julienne the apple and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Mix together the crucifers with the apple and tomatoes.