|Saturday we took the recruits into the California Academy of the Sciences in Golden Gate Park, which is always lovely.|
The other star here is the sweet potato that I cooked with some taco seasoning (by the way, if I could only have one spice mix... it would be this one). It had some zip from the radish and garlic and was mellowed nicely by the creamy avocado. This salad was beyond delicious and SO healthy.
Classy Mexican Salad
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and finely diced
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 bunch radishes, greens removed and diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- lemon juice
- mixed greens, whatever kind you prefer
- Heat up the olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan.
- Add the sweet potato and taco seasoning.
- Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until the sweet potato is soft and slightly browned.
- In the meantime, combine the radishes, mango, avocado, and garlic with a drizzle of olive oil, a splash of lemon juice, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Plate the fresh mixed greens, followed by a generous helping of the warm sweet potato, and top it off with the mango/avocado/radish mixture.
This was the perfect meal to have while watching the Bachelor and unwinding from a busy weekend :-).